Sunday, September 14, 2008

Updates




So, updates...


Than and I are once again seriously considering him going back to school. I still don't know if it's the right thing to do, but it almost seems like our only option. We've given ourselves to the end of the year to make a decision.


My mom has completed three of eight chemo treatments. She's doing really well, and the doctors expect her to be totally fine when she's done.


My little brother is getting married in the Columbia River Temple in November, so our entire family is flying out. Somehow, we have come up with the money to go. I have no idea how, but we're excited...except for the 5 hour flight with Xander and Hylan.


Xander knows his colors, shapes, and most numbers (0-10). We didn't know he could recognize numbers until we jokingly told him to turn to a certain channel with the tv remote, and he did it. We have since learned how much he knows. I'm pretty sure he can recognize a couple letters too.
He also said his first prayer a couple weeks ago. "Pray, eat, pray, eat, Amen". He currently enjoys calling me Valerie and Hon because Than does, wrestling with Hylan, and being read to while he turns the pages.

Hylan started scooting today. He's been trying to crawl, and he's been able to get around pretty well, but today he learned a more efficient method. He looked pretty happy. We were excited. His current favorite activities include: laughing hysterically at Xander, tearing up paper, and eating baby snack puffs. He is also now fitting into 12 month clothes. He'll be seven months old tomorrow.

1 comment:

April and JJ said...

Your boys are adorable. Do I say enough that Xander is your clone? Sounds like things are going well, and I wish all the best for your momma. Take care!