Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Funny Names

I went to high school with some crazy-named folks. Okay, I hope this doesn't sound racist, but some black people like to make up insane names for their children. Often they are pronounced totally different from what you'd think. I like to find these names in birth announcements, my dad's class roll every year, and the arrest reports. Here is just a small sample of my recent findings.

Orlandas
Undray
Latrez
Demon (I'd bet this one is pronounced Duh-mon)
Casnacita
Panaquad (puh-no-quah...middle syllable short o sound) I went to high school with her. Her siblings and cousins have much funnier names, but I just can't remember them right now.
Charlickia
Chavaqua
Tequilla

2 comments:

The Liljenquist Family said...

i still tell people about "clitoris" and "gonorrhea." it's always a good laugh!

Ally said...

You are HILLARIOUS!! i love that you look for names in the arrest reports!! Miss YOU!