Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I shouldn't complain but...

There is an understandable worry among many lds parents about what their children are or will be learning in school. There should not be a worry about what they learn at church. I happen to have known Xander's primary teacher since she was born (she's a bit younger than my little sister). She's always been active, but she's also always felt a need to impress everyone she's around outside of church. I like her, and I don't think she would teach anything wrong to my child, but I have to wonder when she posts on Facebook her support of gay marriage and her obsession with lady gaga (ew) and her many nonmember boyfriends. GRRRRR. While I was growing up, I specifically remember times that I was taught the wrong things at church by members who were not following church standards or who thought they were outdated. WTC?! My parents taught me so well that this didn't affect me. I went home and told them what I was being taught. What if my children don't do that? What if I am not teaching them well enough. Xander's only three. I can't cover everything, and I doubt he'll ask. I'm just getting over worried. I'm just aggravated bc of one of her recent posts.

1 comment:

Sook said...

I think the ones that are LDS and don't stand by their beliefs scare me more than anyone else. They seem to affect us way more in a lot of ways because you keep thinking if they are doing it and still getting lots of blessings, it must be okay. I can see how kids would think that too. But really, you can't do anything about it. If you stop sending your kids to their class, they will say you're inactive or you're horrible. Anyway, good post!