Friday, May 16, 2008

My first post





Well, I have finally decided to blog...a little. What's happening now? Well, Than is still working for Schwan's, and we are still living at my parents'. We thought we would be gone by now, but that hasn't quite happened. A couple of weeks ago, Than and I decided that he would go back to school. We would take on the extra debt and everything. While going through the process of deciding whether he would go for a graduate degree or just get another bachelor's we talked to a few people from BYUI. They encouraged him to just shoot for jobs based on one of his minors from there, so that's what we're doing now. We are looking for an IT job. Hopefully that will lead to something, and we can all get out on our own.

As for our children, Xander is turning two in a week. He is some character. He loves cooking and playing outside. Many a tantrum as come from going back indoors. He has learned how to trick Mama and Daddy and gets a really big kick out of it. We don't like it quite as much. He still prefers gestures and noises to words, but he is starting to talk a little bit more. He actually said a three word sentence a couple of weeks ago. "Where my mama?" No sentences since, but there is hope. I think he is happy not talking because he communicates so well without language. I am trying not to worry. My mom says I was a late talker, and I guess I believe her. Hylan is three months old and loves his big brother, even when Xander gets right in his face and gives him "head hugs" and kisses. He is starting to smile all the time and is actually trying to sit up already. It's nuts. He still won't sleep without being swaddled. We figure that's okay for now. We love our little fellas.

3 comments:

The Liljenquist Family said...

Ooh fun. I didn't stop swaddling Kennon until a month or two ago. Not to say he didn't get out of it right away, but that's the only way he would fall asleep. It was just getting to warm for it. Glad to hear you all are doing well.

Angela said...

Welcome to the blogging world!!! It is great seeing your family and reading about life. Your family is a good looking one..especially with those adorable boys!

Angela Zeyer Stark

Ally said...

YOu have beautiful boys! i am glad that i get to see them thanks to the blogging world!! Cornerhouse reunion soon?
Ally Adams