Friday, February 13, 2009

Hooray!

Hylan now sleeps through the night in his own bed! It's a miracle. We are all much happier people. Than still swaddles him to get him to sleep better. It takes him about 5 hours to mind, then I wake up, unwrap him, and he goes right back to sleep. To celebrate, and hopefully relieve some back pain, Than and I are getting a new mattress! I'm so excited.

Have any of you ever seen the show Between the Lions on PBS? Well, I really don't like it. It just happens to come on right after Sesame Street, so sometimes the boys watch it. It's a bunch of clips that are supposed to flow together but don't at all. One of the recurring clips is called Cliff Hanger. For some unknown reason, Xander is terrified of this cartoon. I have to change the channel or turn off the tv every time it comes on. It's a mystery. I just had to do this.

Yay me! I made my first pretty cupcakes two days ago. I made blue and yellow flowers. I have to say they were pretty cute, not quite worthy to take them for anything but still very cute. I baked and decorated during naptime, so I wouldn't get any "help" this time. Xander got to decorate one and eat FOUR after his nap. Hylan may have eaten a little cupcake paper too. Oopsy.

I've also finally started cooking on a regular basis. I still don't like it, but it makes Than happy. Too bad he doesn't like sweets. I like making those. Oh well, maybe the more I cook, the more I'll like it too. Doubt it, but I'll keep trying. I'm going to make him heart shaped breakfast in the morning. I'm excited. The boys and I are cardmaking today too. Fun fun.

1 comment:

Sook said...

So you like baking but not cooking huh? I love both. I am thinking about starting an online baking business or something in a few years. But it probably won't happen. he he

Hooray for Hylan sleeping in his own bed! Have you moved him into Xander's room yet?