Saturday, February 7, 2009

Wet sand under my fingernails

I just really love being a mama. Right now, Hylan is digging through the couch, like really really digging, while Than keeps him from climbing over the back of it. I won't tell you what he's found so far. I'm not the best housekeeper. Xander is asleep now, but I got to build castles with him in the sandbox today. I even sat on the ground! Shocker! The weather was so nice, and we took advantage of it. I just can't believe how much they can change in a matter of days. Hylan is a face-maker now. He's always been pretty laid back and just kind of went between blank look, smiles, and angry face. Now he has many in between. Xander has finally started using I instead of me at the beginning of sentences. I winked at him today, and he told me it was yucky. We also made a quick trip to Home Depot today where the boys must always ride in a car buggy. They hold onto and turn the steering wheels the whole time. They play and laugh with each other and play peek-a-boo. Well, Xander does and Hylan laughs at him. I love them. I love that I have two boys who get along so well with each other. I love that I have a husband who loves them as much as I do. My life is happy. We have fun together.

2 comments:

Morgan Family said...

:) I'm so grateful that I am surrounded (technologically at least) by such fantastic mothers! Thanks for the example! I'm stoked to have babies and see what kind of people they will be.

Angela said...

This post has made me happy...thanks far sharing your joy. What cute boys. I love that he told you winking was yucky.