Monday, March 1, 2010

explanation

I should have probably written more of an explanation for those pictures. Well, those two little babies are firsts for my brother and sister. Oliver was born on February 3rd and weighed 9 lbs. 13 oz. The dr. told poor Jodie that she needed a c-section. I feel her pain. Luckily she recovered quickly. Oliver, however had to spend 9 days in the NICU. Apparently, very large babies often have underdeveloped lungs. He's doing great now though. Than and I travelled out to Idaho to see Cliff, Jodie, and Oliver. We had a wonderful time replaying memories that we had there together and got to spend time with some great friends and my fantastic little bro.

Just two days ago on February 27th, my sister and her husband welcomed Dawson. I actually got to be the one to take her to the hospital after her water broke. Well, Than drove. David was in Louisiana working, but he made it a couple of hours later. My little lucky duck sister was only in labor for 6 hours and pushed for 10 minutes. She broke our family c-section curse! Well, Dawson weighed 6 lbs. 12 oz. There was more than a three pound difference between my two nephews!

So far my parents have four grandsons, and we're having another boy, so that makes five. This will probably be my last, but I'm going to spend alot of time trying to convince the dr. otherwise.

Hmm, I don't even remember what the other pictures were. Oh well.

1 comment:

Angela said...

boys are good too. On my mom's side there are only 5 granddaughters out of 23 grandkids. We sitll have fun and like eachother :)

Good luck convincing your dr.