Thursday, June 11, 2009

I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH

I really can't get enough of crazy names. Maybe you can, so just don't continue to read if that is the case. I will try to make this my last "names" post.

Okay, to begin: I'm sure you've heard about George Foreman and naming nearly all of his children George or some form of the name like Georgette. Egomaniac maybe? Well, recently I've discovered that this strange practice isn't all that uncommon.

-A certain man named Kobie has one son named Kobie Jr. and another son named JaKobie (they have different last names; I guess one kept the mother's name). His daughters don't have his name, but they are worth mentioning.....Kamyra and Ku'Nyria. BTW, Mr. Kobie goes by the name Nu Nu.
-Twenty years ago my father taught the son of someone he played football with in high school. The man's name was Andrew. His son's name was Andrew. Jump ahead twenty years. Andrew Sr. has gotten divorced and remarried (and since divorced again). He has another son twenty years younger than the first. What do you think his name is? Yep, Andrew.

Alright, now I have a nice list taken mostly from birth announcements. Sorry for any repeats from a previous post.

-Zachiaya -Sen'Torrance -GVontae -CorDarius -Enijah
-Rhontundra -Kartayrious -Kimyreon -Jakden -JaTarion
-NaYanna -Enysia -Tyliyah -DaMarkus -ZyKireah

*I did NOT alter any spelling, capitalization, or punctuation to protect the stupid.

2 comments:

The Liljenquist Family said...

oh goodness. my favorite is zachiaya. is it supposed to zachariah? hmmmm...

Rachel said...

I remember these name discussions from our long ago college days together! We used to have so much fun. You know, for the longest time I didn't really believe you about these names. Being from a small-town Idaho community where 99% of the population is white and Mormon most of the names are Biblical, or traditional and conservative enough to be close. How's life, by the way? I haven't talked to you in ages. I miss ya!
Love,
Rachel