Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas.....one day I'll get all my pictures on the ccomputer.

Our Christmas I'm sure was much like most of yours. We spent it with family, opened presents, and ate goodies. Xander and Hylan's gifts pretty much centered around trasportation, and they loved it. We've had cars and trucks and trains and buses being wheeled all over the house today. They also got in a great game of chase. I loved watching them play together and glad that Hylan is tough enough to handle his older brother. Our family(Mama, Daddy, me, Than, Mad, and David...Jodie and Cliff couldn't make it down this year) played Scene-It Seinfeld and we watched Fred Claus during the calm times. See next paragraph

Oh, we also had our traditional sausage casserole for breakfast, thanks to Than. He was such a great help this Christmas...as he always is. Since my mom is still not up to par (She's been home a week and is feeling better every day) and my grandmother doesn't leave the house much, I got left with all the cooking and gift buying for not just my family but my uncle and his kids and grandkids. Note: This was sprung on me about three days ago by my grandmother. I've been a mad woman. I would think I was done then she'd send me out to do more. I almost strangled her, but that's another story. :) These are relatives we see only once or twice a year. It's always a bit uncomfortable, less so now that we have children but it's still weird. We are literally forced into having this event every year. This year was the best though.

Our Christmas Eve was nice and calm. We watched Luke II (we couldn't find our copy of the Nativity). Xander insisted that we watch it twice because he wanted to see more of baby Jesus. We didn't open any presents. I wanted to try having a more Christ-centered day and then a play day. I think it worked out okay.

Well, it's all over now. We had a good time. My children are asleep and my husband's watching Wall-E. I'm taking a break for a couple days and looking forward to next year........and my spa day that Than got me for Christmas.

No comments: