Monday, December 1, 2008

Quick updates

My mother is doing about the same. She is still in ICU hooked up to antibiotics and all sorts of stuff. She is feeling better, and the doctors are still trying to avoid surgery. I won't give you details because medical stuff is icky. Everyone is hoping all the stuff they're trying will start working better once the chemo is better out of her system. I miss having her to talk to all day. I only get to see her once or twice a day for half an hour. I didn't get to go today, but I got to talk to her on the phone. Poor woman is bored out of her mind without the grandkids around.

Hylan has learned how to wave bye bye and say it at the same time sometimes, give five, say dada, and clap. He also throws him arm up in the air when we walk past pictures or something else he wants us to point at and talk about. It's really cute. He has also gotten pretty fast cruising around the furniture, and he gets into absolutely everything. I'll think the floors are clean, but then he'll have something in his mouth. Luckily, it's usually a cheerio or something. I have gotten a couple of Xander's stickers out of his mouth though. Yikes.

Xander is my happy helper. He likes to keep things clean and put away dishes. He is able to "read" more words every day. I guess he just recognizes them. He likes for me to write down everyones' names in our family and write other words that he likes. Today we built a wal-mart and a taco bell out of mega bloks. We even had cars out front. It was bunches of fun. Hylan was the Godzilla and knocked the buildings down (oops). His language is still a bit delayed, and it's frustrating for him, but he improves all the time. He finally made the switch from awu or abu to water (well, almost water. it's really close) this week. We were sad and excited at the same time. He said a great full sentence today while we were building.

Than has somehow found more time to spend with all of us lately...thank goodness for holidays and weekends. He still works long hours, but we are slowly getting more and more used to it. He enjoys his job and often times has some great funny stories when he comes home every day. People will tell him anything, sometimes while wearing nothing. Yeah, he gets grossed out. Today, one of his customers sent him home with a deer roast. We've never had deer, so we're excited.

Wow, I've been blabbing for a while now. Sorry for no pictures, haven't uploaded any lately. Thanks for reading. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Xander sounds like a smart boy. Maybe he'll start reading when he's like three! That's what I did.

Matt doesn't like put things in his mouth, thank goodness. Oh and we went to the doctor and he was at 37 percentile for weight... and 87 percentile for height. So he's tall and thin. Hylan looks tall and thin too. :) They should really eat a lot. Yours probably do. Mine hates eating, except for potatoes and rice.

I hope your mom feels better soon! I'm sorry she's been sick. I will keep her in my prayers.

Angela said...

I love your updates...I hope and pray that your mom feels better soon.
Enjoy that deer roast...the deer that Dave killed was yummo! We cut up part of it into smaller chuncks and then cooked them in some butter and ate them with cooked onions. YUMMY YUMMY.