Monday, March 30, 2009

Easter is my favorite!

It's nearly two weeks away, but I'm excited. I love Easter. It's Spring; there's lots of candy deliciousness; fun crafts; decorations; and of course the remembrance of the resurrection of our Savior.

The big Primary get-together is the day before Easter at our Primary president's house. She has a nice big yard out in the country, perfect for kids to run around and hunt eggs. I suggested that she have the big kids and little kids hunt in separate areas, and she actually took my suggestion! I noticed there was a problem last year with the older ones being too rough and the little ones not getting many eggs. By golly, my little boys and the other little ones are going to get to hunt eggs too.

I also get to make whatever goodie I want. I'm going to make adorable Easter cupcakes...so excited that I have somewhere to take cupcakes, so I'm not just making them at home for nothing but to add weight to my hips. Than got put in charge of grilling burgers and hot dogs. Yay for Than being married to a primary teacher! He doesn't mind. He loves grilling.

Than and I made paper machet (sp?) eggs yesterday. Xander and I are going to paint them tomorrow, and I found an egg dye that I think Hylan can actually use. I'm excited.

Hopefully the weather will cooperate for a Happy Easter. Cross your fingers.

1 comment:

Sook said...

HAPPY EASTER! So I want to see pictures of these cupcakes that you're going to make! :-) Let me know how they turn out!