Saturday, March 14, 2009

S.L.U.T.T.Y.

I spent four hours today trying on dresses. I hate shopping. At least it was without children for the most part. Than was wonderful enough to drop me off at a few stores and take the boys to petco and best buy and wherever else they went. I could not find a single modest dress...four hours, five stores, nothing. All the hemlines were two inches higher than last year. All the sleeves were gone, the necks were too wide, and the backs were out. I finally settled on a knit dress from old navy under which I have to wear a tank top and over which I have to wear a cardigan. It's one crazy looking outfit, but I'm twenty pounds lighter than I was this time last year, and I needed something new. I want the modesty trend back.

3 comments:

jana mae said...

Have you tried Dress Barn? The reason I ask is because... well, I work there... and they always have a few dresses that are modest. I don't know if you have one nearby, but if you do, and you go there, be sure to ask for the coupon. There is a 20% off coupon right now... even if the sales associates say it's "Buy 2 Dresses, save $10", don't let them fool you. They have another coupon behind that counter. :) Sounds like you already have a great dress... but thought I would add my two cents. Finding modest clothes is an issue though, for sure. Drives me crazy.

Sook said...

I'm glad you found a dress though. Do you have H&M nearby? They have some modest clothes there and pretty modern and cute. I bought several clothes there when I lost some weight. Oh and they're pretty cheap.

P.S. Oh and if you ever make it over here sometime, we are going to go shopping all day! :)

Angela said...

bummer. Do you ever shop on-line. Sometimes stores that are local don't carry certain clothes. They wil ship them to you for free and ifyou don't like them you can return them to the store for free. Good luck. and I am sure your old navy dress is great.