Friday, March 27, 2009

I'm angry today, and I don't care what you think.

I have had a couple angry days, angry at the world in general. Well, to tell you the truth, I'm angry at the world alot. I have a really hard time with constant injustice and stupidity, but the past couple of days have been extra angry. I'm working on it.

1. My mother is working for the 2010 census right now. She got hired as a crew leader which pays more than a regular worker. When she got to the workshop they told her along with the whole room that they had hired too many people and that some of them would be assistants. Later they said some of them wouldn't have jobs at all. The boss was a black woman who didn't even understand how to do the job. She said, out loud, who she had picked to be her crew leaders (BEFORE THEY TOOK THE TEST THAT IS SUPPOSED TO, BY SCORE, DETERMINE THAT). She picked the five black people in the room, one of whom was late every day and slept the entire time; the other of whom didn't even come to the last two days of the workshop...when the test was given. Luckily my mother did get an assistant job but a couple of the competetent hard workers did not, just because they weren't dark enough.

2. Our dog who never gets in the road was hit by a car and died yesterday. The speed limit is 30, plenty of time to see a dog or cat. I have never hit one and I've been driving down this road for ten years. I watch for them. People go up and down our child-filled street at 60mph. I've almost been hit getting the mail. I know I shouldn't, but I look to see who the speeders are. They are not the old white people who have been made out to be the villains in our current world.

3. This is silly, but I had a dream about that stupid little kid who stold Than's scriptures and my cd's out of our car while we were giving him a ride home. I have continued to be nice to him, but we refuse to give rides anymore. I don't really like driving in the ghetto anyway.

4. Than has customers who always buy food from him with EBT (food stamp) cards. Now, if you need to use them, that's fine. I really don't have a problem with that, but when you use four different ones with four different names on them, and you are the only one living in the house, I have a problem with that. It's fraud. It's stealing from the government, and you are what's wrong with this country. These are the people who voted for Obama in Mississippi...just had to throw that in there. This has happened to Than along with his coworkers on more than one occasion.

5. We have had bikes stolen out of our back yard and a skilsaw stolen off of our porch (yeah, I know we shouldn't have left it there, but that doesn't give anyone the right to steal from us. ). We saw an African American child riding one of our bikes.

6. Last night, in the middle of a really bad thunderstorm, like really bad, over $200 worth of food was stolen out of our garage freezer. We had just bought it and put it in there the day before, so we are not mistaken. We don't have the money to replace that food. That was our food for the next two weeks. They probably have a food stamp card and make more money than us. Thanks alot jerks. Oh yeah, they didn't just steal "real" food. They also stole quite a bit of ice cream and other sweet products Than had gotten for free, so don't play the hungry card. It won't work.

2 comments:

Sook said...

Okay, Valerie, I understand why you're so upset. I would be upset, too!
About #1, that's just stupid. It's totally racist - well, against non-blacks.
#2, I'm so sorry your dog got hit by a car yesterday. That's happened to my family a couple times before. Last night, when we were taking a walk, an idiotic girl almost ran over our stroller when Matt was in it. She was pulling off from a parking lot and didn't even pay attention if there was anyone that was crossing the crosswalk and started going. Her car was about an inch away from Matt's tiny legs. We were pissed.

#3. Why do bad things happen to good people who try to serve others? My brother-in-law got injured badly while he was helping a ward member move. :(

#4. Food stamps.... I know there are people who really need it but I'm gonna say more than half of the people that are on welfare are totally abusing the system. You said they're stealing money from the government, they are stealing "our" money. I think the only people that should be on welfare is children without parents, disabled people, and possibly the elderly. Anyway, I could go on and on about how I feel about this issue. You and I need to talk sometime. he he

#5. This happened to us a year ago. Sean's really nice bike got stolen and we never found it.

#6. Okay, that is just WRONG! I am so sorry that this had to happen to you!

Jay said...

Hi Valerie, I totally understand the situation. It seems that you are suffering from what I call the "minoity blues". as for your rants:
#1 politics are probably more about friends than actual test scores or racism, but I don't know if the lady in charge knows the any of the group she picked.

#2 I understand how stupid young drivers can be as my best friend and best man at my wedding was hit by a car in front of my house in a 35mph zone. The driver was going 70+ according to the police, and to make matters worse... my friend was cited for not yielding right of way and had to pay a heafty ticket... the drivers mom was the District attorney at the time.

#3 Often it is hard to do the right thing. You seem to have almost forgiven him (minus the calling him stupid part) as you are still treating him nicely, but also keeping yourselves protected against any future problems by not giving him any more rides home. Don't feel guilty for doing the right thing. But you might be getting the dream because you havn't totally forgiven him yet.

#4 Than should ask the people for an ID who use foodstamps and say it is a "new policy" he wouldn't be lying because it would be a new policy that he started, but then turn those people in. Sure they are customers, but their greed is contributing to the economy woes. That should be something that is published in the paper somewhere to show that govenment welfare needs reform.

#5 Make sure you get the bikes registered. There is a serial number where the pedals connect that the police can keep track of and then it would be easy to prosecute. Which they are probably the same people that stole the other items from your yard. I hate thieves with a passion! When I worked for Brodie, I had plenty of things stolen from his yard. The worst things were my tool belt that totaled up to $300 in tools, and his concrete saw, and some copper wire that were worth a couple thousand each. The worst experience was a guy I caught leaving my old apartment for work. The jerk stole some of my concrete stakes and actually had the nerve to try and sell them back to me! Too bad I could not prove that they were mine in the first place.

#6 Forget the locks, invest in a gun (Just kidding). That experience reminds me of when Todd and Keilani were living in the Salt Lake Ghetto and had their garage broken into and some of Todd's expensive stereo equipment and Keilani's inherited porcelin doll collection were stolen. Even after Todd followed the nuts and bolts trail and told the police who exactly had done it, the police just looked at him and said, "Welcome to the neighborhood!" I know I don't pay taxes for you to speak. Do your job, right? But seriously...food is waaaaay more important than commodities.

Wow! after reading the comment I jsut left, maybe I should post a rant blog too. Sorry it is so long.