Monday, August 31, 2009

To poop or not to poop; it's not a question for Xander.

Oh goodness, where to start. Well, as I mentioned before, Xander potty-trained super easy. He peed in the potty just fine after one accident on day #2. He told us when he needed to go. Everything was fine. He wasn't so sure about pooping, but he did it two or three times then he had an accident and has since refused to poop......at all! He won't even go in a diaper. We've given him laxatives. He can hold it with the laxatives in his system. He just asks us to rub is tummy while it hurts, but he won't use the bathroom. We've read stories to him while he's sitting. We've bribed him. We've stopped talking about it. Than gave him a blessing. We did an enema after the first five days and three doses of laxative. After another five days and failed meds, we did a liquid suppository. It's been three days since that. They hurt him so much. We explained why we had to do it, but he just refuses to go. I'm at my wits' end. I don't know what to do. He's in pain on and off throughout every day. He must have to use alot of energy to do what he's doing. Today I set up a chart in the bathroom, so after ten poops he gets to ride on the Amtrak. I also made Than a chart, so he can compete with him. Hey, it got him to eat vegetables, so maybe a competition will work. I doubt it. He really likes to go against everything we tell him to do, so I'm trying telling him I don't want him to go. He told me today that he would poop in a diaper, so I put one on him. I could tell he needed to go, but he still didn't. I'm just so frustrated.

3 comments:

Ally said...

How old is Xander? I gave up with Hunter. Peeing on the floor twice and pooped once. I was done. Not really there yet.

Valerie said...

He turned 3 in May. He was totally ready. He's just sensitive, so the one accident threw him over the edge. He's doing better now though.

Katie said...

Even with all this I consider you lucky in the potty training category. After weeks of accidents and POOP accident (in PUBLIC no less) followed by a punishment of a cold shower to clean it off Rigby FINALLY caught on. I'm surprised we both survived. Baylee was like this when she first potty trained too. The glycerin suppositories saved us. I had to insert one (this was before I had heard of the liquid ones) every 3 days roughly. She finally just caught on. Just make sure he drinks a lot of juice so that when he does finally go it can be slightly less traumatic. GOOD LUCK!!!