Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Pleasant Day

Well, Xander's fits haven't been quite as bad the past couple of days, but they are still quite frequent. I have gotten better at handling them and diverting his attention. I went with my mom to Jackson today to the wig and hat shop. Xander thought it was pretty neat, especially the light switches low enough for him to reach. Oh well, the shoplady was nice about it, and she gave him an empty box and bag to play with. I don't know why, but he enjoyed them.
A little later my mom got a soda and let Xander have a little. You know those little buttons on the top of the lid. Of course, he loves to push those. What child doesn't? Anyway, today I heard him counting one, two, fee, fo. He was counting the buttons. He usually doesn't like counting; he just likes to tell you the name of the numbers when he sees them, so I was pretty excited. My mother also got some popcorn and a cookie. She shared with the boys. Hylan actually unzipped her purse and got one of the cookies out. It was pretty funny. Hylan really enjoyed the popcorn too. I think he might turn into an addict like Than. He got crazy happy eyes when he saw the popcorn. We had a nice day out, even when Xander saw the Wendy's and Taco Bell signs and said those words over and over all the way home (an hour's drive). He's growing up so fast. He also loves Wal-Mart signs and trucks. Mall-Mart tucks are the best.

No comments: