Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Swing that Than (and his dad) Built

Than's parents have been in Louisiana for the past few weeks doing hurricane clean-up and repair. Lucky for us, they were right near by, and they have gotten to visit us. Mike kindly asked if there were any projects around the house that we needed done, so we found one. Than needed a little help getting a swing built for the boys. We all ended up missing some of conference, unfortunately, but Xander and Hylan now have a great swing that Daddy and Grandpa built, and we all spent a great day outside in the cooler weather. My dad even did some yard work. It's been a good day. Oh yeah, the talks I did hear were wonderful, and I heard some things I needed to hear. Buckle down tomorrow.
This is how it started.

This was the end result. I love how it turned out. The swingset isn't crooked, just my picture taking and the yard are. We have also lowered Xander's swing. Hylan was asleep at this time and tried it out a little later in the day.


These are just some pretty flowers that are blooming in our yard right now. Yay for October in Mississippi!


No comments: